What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that contains characters, which is placed on your computer and mobile device uniquely identifying your browser or mobile device. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server, enabling the web server to identify and track the web browser.
How are Cookies used?
By placing a cookie on a site, that site owner will know whether your computer, or device, has visited this site before which helps the site owners understand how the site or service are being used, help the user move easily between the websites pages and remember your preferences which will improve your experience.
What types of cookies does The Business Centre (Cardiff) Ltd use?
These are the main four categories of cookies that we may use:
- Strictly Necessary
- Strictly Necessary Cookies are required to enable you to navigate the site and use the features such as logging in and secure areas.
- Performance Cookies gather information about how you have used the site, so that we know when you have logged in and can serve you fresh content, making it a richer experience for you.
- Functionality Cookies give us an idea of how and when you have logged in or logged out, to see the tools you have used and so helps us to tailor the site to customize it for a more personalized experience.
- Targeting Cookies, these are the Cookies that we, our advertising partners or other third party partners, use to deliver advertising that is relevant to you. These cookies remember your device, and may also track your device’s browsing activity on other sites other than The Business Centre’s website. This information may be shared with organisations, such as advertising networks, to deliver the advertising, to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign or for statistical use.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
This will depend on the type of cookie:
- A persistent cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete it or it expires
- A Session cookie stays until you stop browsing
First and third party cookies
There is a difference between first-party cookies and third-party cookies:
- First-party cookies belong to The Business Centre (Cardiff) Ltd, and help us improve your experience on our website.
- Third-party cookies are placed on your device through our service and maybe placed there by a third-party service who is providing a service to The Business Centre (Cardiff) Ltd, this could be to help us understand how our site is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners for advertising purposes.
Can I control and delete cookies?
Cookies can be deleted and there are simple steps available to do this depending on your device. You can also disable your browser from receiving cookies, however, if you do this you may not be able to access certain parts of our site, or pars of the site may not work properly.